The SoCruel.NU blog is about FreeBSD, open source software running on it and IT security. It is run by Lars Wittebrood.
The posts are based on my own experiences and expose my opinion. This is all made for fun and the learning experience! And hopefully they contribute to the BSD community as well!
See below my latest blog posts. For a complete list see the Archive page.
My FreeBSD related posts are:
- January 8, 2020: A central log host with syslog-ng on FreeBSD
- November 18, 2019: How to implement multiple IPSec VPN tunnels on FreeBSD
- January 4, 2019: How to capture session data with Argus on FreeBSD
- December 21, 2018: How to install a private CA on FreeBSD
- December 20, 2018: SaltStack on FreeBSD series
- December 20, 2018: The first Salt commands after initial install on FreeBSD
- November 1, 2018: How to create a FreeBSD image for Azure with Packer
- October 25, 2018: How to configure a Salt minion on FreeBSD
- October 9, 2018: How to install the Azure CLI on FreeBSD
- August 29, 2018: FreeBSD system uptime how to
- August 27, 2018: How to configure a Salt master on FreeBSD
- August 23, 2018: How to upgrade a whole FreeBSD platform
My miscellaneous related posts are: